Sunday, February 24, 2013

"Allow me to re-introduce myself..."

Hello world! And welcome to Draft Daily! My name's Joe and at this point, most of you know me. But for anyone that doesn't, all you need to know is that I'm completely obsessed with the NFL Draft. I literally spend hours on a daily basis watching college film of prospects on youtube, reading analysis and scouting reports, and evaluating players for myself. So needless to say, this blog is going to revolve around the draft. Will it be biased? Of course. Much of the content will be my opinions on players, team needs, etc. so with those opinions comes inherent bias. That's just how it is. To quote The Princess Bride, "anyone who says differently is selling something." But with that said, disagreements are welcomed. I don't expect you to agree with everything I write. If you share a similar viewpoint as I do on a topic, great. If you don't, well that's fine too. I encourage you to share your opinion. You'll find that you'll have the ability to comment on anything I post, and in addition, you can email me at DraftDailyMailbag@gmail.com if you prefer.

The purpose of this blog is to provide you with the latest news involving the draft, while also serving as an outlet for my opinions and analysis. Here's a brief preview of what you can expect:

  • Workout Results - Mostly 40 times and bench press reps
  • Stock Watch - Who's rising, who's falling
  • Scouting Reports - Assessing strengths and weaknesses of a particular player
  • Team Needs - Determining the biggest holes on each team
  • Big Boards - Ranking the best prospects
  • Mock Drafts - Taking a shot at how the draft will unfold
  • Draft Results - Which teams picked which players
  • Draft Grades - Grading how well each team did on Days 1, 2, and 3

That's just a glimpse of what's to come. I can't wait. The bottom line is that this is my passion, this is what I spend my free time doing. So if you're as draft obsessed as I am, you're in the right place. Thank you for reading and welcome to Draft Daily!




p.s. As you may know, the NFL Combine is currently ongoing with the offensive linemen and tight ends wrapping up the first day of workouts yesterday. I'll have stuff posted on that later today. In the mean time, I encourage you to tune into NFL Network and watch Day 2. Today's quarterbacks, running backs, and receivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment